LAUSD Superintendent Alberto Carvalho, LA’s Philanthropic Leadership, and the State of Education
On March 9th, USC Center EDGE hosted a small in-person convening with Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Alberto Carvalho, distinguished education experts, and over 50 guests from the education-focused philanthropic community.
This important program aimed to harness the individual and collective capacity needed to reimagine and improve PK-12 education throughout the Los Angeles region.
Education Experts and Guests Included:
- USC President Carol Folt
- USC Rossier School of Education Dean Pedro Noguera
- UCLA School of Education & Information Studies Dean Tina Christie
- Deputy Secretary, CA HHS Agency & Senior Advisor to the Governor on Early Childhood Kris Perry
- UC Berkeley Professor of Education & Public Policy Bruce Fuller
- LA County Superintendent of Schools Debra Duardo